Thinking about what to pack for your next trip. See the all-inclusive list below. Let us know if you think we missed something.
Must-have: items that you must carry before leaving the house.
- Passport / ID / License
- Cash / Credit Card / Debit Card
- Boarding Pass (print or digital)
- Health Insurance card
- Visa Documents (if required)
- Home Keys
It’s good to have a digital copy of the ‘must-have’ items in your email.
Good-to-have: items that can be purchased during travel but good to have them handy.
- Medicines (like painkillers, adhesive bandage)
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Umbrella / Rain Poncho
- Fleece / jacket
- Phone charger and power bank
- Earphones / headphones
- Universal travel adapter (for international trips)
- Hand sanitizer / face tissue
- Insect spray (for hiking or water activities)
- Travel pillow
- DSLR (if you like to carry one)
Basic: things you need every day.
- Casual shirts (ranging from 2 to 8 depending upon length of the trip)
- Jeans / shorts / skirts
- Formal dress / Suit (if you are planning to attend a formal dinner like on a cruise)
- Swimsuit and cover
- Cap / hat
- Waterproof pouch for phone (for water activities)
- Beach bag and flip flops (for beach trips)
- Shoes and socks
- Undergarments (carry enough for every day)
- Perfume / deodorant
- Body wash, face wash, body lotion, shampoo and conditioner (mostly provided by hotels but carry if you prefer particular brands)
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, and mouthwash
- Make-up kit and jewelry
- Extra carry bag
Important things to arrange before your trip:
- Make sure your bank is informed for international trips otherwise they may block your credit / debit card to avoid fraud
- Check with your mobile operator for roaming charges and data plans
- Put your mails (USPS) on hold for trips longer than 14 days
- Download movies / music / audio book / e-book for transit and travel
Bonus: Get a Chase Sapphire credit card for the sign-up bonus and zero foreign transaction fee.
Blogger, Traveler and supporter of writers