What’s your favorite movie? Tell us in the comment section.
- Inception: A thief who steals corporate secrets through the use of dream-sharing technology is given the inverse task of planting an idea into the mind of a C.E.O.
- Shutter Island: In 1954, a U.S. Marshal investigates the disappearance of a murderer who escaped from a hospital for the criminally insane.
- The Matrix: A computer hacker learns from mysterious rebels about the true nature of his reality and his role in the war against its controllers.
Time loop movies:
- Source Code: A soldier wakes up in someone else’s body and discovers he’s part of an experimental government program to find the bomber of a commuter train within 8 minutes
- The Butterfly Effect: Evan Treborn suffers blackouts during significant events of his life. As he grows up, he finds a way to remember these lost memories and a supernatural way to alter his life by reading his journal.
- Groundhog Day: A weatherman finds himself inexplicably living the same day over and over again.
- Edge of Tomorrow: A soldier fighting aliens gets to relive the same day over and over again, the day restarting every time he dies.
- If Only: It takes a tragedy to teach the young businessman Ian to put love ahead of work and open up to his musician girlfriend Samantha.
- The Shawshank Redemption: Two imprisoned men bond over a number of years, finding solace and eventual redemption through acts of common decency.
- The Godfather: The aging patriarch of an organized crime dynasty transfers control of his clandestine empire to his reluctant son.
- Pulp Fiction: The lives of two mob hitmen, a boxer, a gangster and his wife, and a pair of diner bandits intertwine in four tales of violence and redemption.
- Fight Club: An insomniac office worker and a devil-may-care soapmaker form an underground fight club that evolves into something much, much more.
- Forrest Gump: The presidencies of Kennedy and Johnson, the events of Vietnam, Watergate, and other historical events unfold through the perspective of an Alabama man with an IQ of 75, whose only desire is to be reunited with his childhood sweetheart.
- Avengers: Earth’s mightiest heroes must come together and learn to fight as a team if they are going to stop the mischievous Loki and his alien army from enslaving humanity.
- The Dark Knight: When the menace known as the Joker wreaks havoc and chaos on the people of Gotham, Batman must accept one of the greatest psychological and physical tests of his ability to fight injustice.
- 50 First Dates: Henry Roth is a man afraid of commitment up until he meets the beautiful Lucy. They hit it off and Henry think he’s finally found the girl of his dreams, until he discovers she has short-term memory loss and forgets him the next day.
- Titanic: A seventeen-year-old aristocrat falls in love with a kind but poor artist aboard the luxurious, ill-fated R.M.S. Titanic.
Movies based on true stories:
- Catch Me If You Can: A seasoned FBI agent pursues Frank Abagnale Jr. who, before his 19th birthday, successfully forged millions of dollars’ worth of checks while posing as a Pan Am pilot, a doctor, and a legal prosecutor.
- The Wolf of Wall Street: Based on the true story of Jordan Belfort, from his rise to a wealthy stock-broker living the high life to his fall involving crime, corruption and the federal government.
- Finding Nemo: After his son is captured in the Great Barrier Reef and taken to Sydney, a timid clownfish sets out on a journey to bring him home.
- Coco: Aspiring musician Miguel, confronted with his family’s ancestral ban on music, enters the Land of the Dead to find his great-great-grandfather, a legendary singer.
- Ice Age: Set during the Ice Age, a sabertooth tiger, a sloth, and a wooly mammoth find a lost human infant, and they try to return him to his tribe.
- Despicable Me: When a criminal mastermind uses a trio of orphan girls as pawns for a grand scheme, he finds their love is profoundly changing him for the better.
- The Incredibles: A family of undercover superheroes, while trying to live the quiet suburban life, are forced into action to save the world.
Blogger, Traveler and supporter of writers