Ever thought about interviewing for MAANG? Yes, that’s what they call the five most popular technology companies – Meta (formerly Facebook), Amazon, Apple, Netflix, and Google. All these companies have a tough interview process but are not impossible to crack. If you follow the below tips then you can easily get a job in these or other good companies.
These are 10 Amazing Interview Tips to Get Hired in 2023.
1. Research the Industry and the Company
Look for the latest news, forecasts, and historical data for the industry. Read key information on the company’s website, press releases, and social media platforms. It would be helpful to read the latest 10K or 10Q reports if the company is public. If you are not financially savvy then just look at their net sales and market share.
2. Prepare the Most Asked Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself
- Why do you want to join this role in our company?
- Why are you leaving your current job?
- Strengths and weaknesses
- Future goals or where do you see yourself in five years?
- Biggest achievement
- Difficult work situation and how you handled it?
- Salary expectation
- Why should we hire you?
3. Resume and Job Description
Make sure you know your resume thoroughly and are prepared to speak on any prior job responsibility. Identify key requirements from the job description and try to connect your experience with them.
4. Research Your Interviewers
Try to look for their details on LinkedIn or other social media platforms. Knowing their interests could help with small talk during the interview.
5. Use the STAR Approach to Anwer Your Questions
STAR refers to Situation, Task, Action, and Result. Adding the financial impact to your answers will be a bonus.
6. Be Positive During the Interview
Even if you dislike your current role or company, avoid saying bad things about them. Negativity may not leave a good impression on your interviewer.
7. Prepare Good Questions to Ask the Interviewers
Asking smart questions could make your interviewer believe that you are passionate about this opportunity and have done good homework before coming for the interview. Here are a few good questions to ask.
- What are the day-to-day responsibilities of this job?
- Things that would make a person succeed in this role?
- Departments that this team partners with regularly?
- Team structure
8. Be Prepared with Around 15 Stories from Your Work Experience
Have stories ready that you could share during your behavioral questions. It may seem to be a lot but during MAANG interviews even 15 would seem to be less just after speaking with 4 interviewers.
9. Thank You Note
Send a Thank You note within 24 hours of your interview. The purpose of this email is to reiterate your interest in the position and include any details that you may have missed mentioning during your interview.
10. Practice, Practice, and Practice
I can’t stress enough the practice required to prepare for an interview. Prepare your answers and practice them with your friends or family. Looking in the mirror and speaking answers aloud is a good way of practicing.
Do you have any other tips that we missed here? Mention it in the comment section.
Blogger, Traveler and supporter of writers