1. The world’s current population is 7.8 billion and if we all stand shoulder-to-shoulder, we all could fit in Los Angeles, according to National Geographic.
2. Worldometers tracks the world’s population in real-time.
3. There are only 3 countries in the world that don’t use metric system – Liberia, Myanmar (formerly Burma) and USA. (Metric system is based on meter, liter and grams).
4. Diomede Islands are only 2.4 miles apart but the time difference between them is 21 hours because one of them is in Russia (Big Diomede) and the other one in the USA (Alaska).
5. Vatican City is the smallest country in the world, measuring just 0.2 square miles followed by Monaco (0.78 square miles).
6. Spain, ‘Bosnia and Herzegovina’, Kosovo and San Marino are the only 4 countries in the world whose national anthem does not have official lyrics.
7. Ronald Wayne was the third co-founder of Apple Inc alongside Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak. Ron sold his 10% stake in Apple in April 1976 (within 12 days of forming Apple) at $2,300. Had he kept his stake, his net worth would have been $178 million in 1980 (only 4 years after Apple went public).
Blogger, Traveler and supporter of writers